Complaints Handling Procedure

Complaints Handling Procedure

It is the aim of CanDo Contracts is to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.

This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.

If you have a complaint relating to a consumer credit agreement or our general service levels then we would like to hear from you.

You can register a complaint about general service or consumer credit activity either by:

Calling: 01249 750100
Writing: CanDo Contracts Ltd, 127 Malmesbury Road, Chippenham, SN15 1PZ

We will try to resolve your complaint immediately; however, sometimes, this may not be possible.

In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve your complaint by the end of the next three business days, we will keep you informed of the progress of our investigations and provide the final response in writing within eight weeks as per FCA Rule DISP 1.5.

BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association) is the leading trade association for the vehicle rental and leasing sector in the UK and is approved by Government. The BVRLA has a Complaints Process and a Conciliation Service.

BVRLA Complaints Process - You can download a complaint form on line that will need to be completed and sent to or faxed to 01494 434499 or sent by post to: BVRLA, River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, HP7 0DD

BVRLA Conciliation Service will investigate potential breaches of the Codes of Conduct, which sets out the standards the BVRLA expects from its members. The Conciliation Service can only look at matters that relate to disputes arising from the activities of BVRLA members.

Please note that Associate member complaints are not covered by the Conciliation Service as they do not adhere to a BVRLA Code of Conduct.

Where the Conciliation Service finds in favour of the customer, we will look to ensure that any unjustified charges incorrectly raised by the member are refunded in full. The service cannot adjudicate on the quantum of the amount charged, only on whether the charge was correctly raised.

If you are not satisfied with our final response, you have the right to refer this to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months.

Their contact details are as follows:

Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Tel 0800 023 4567 free for people phoning from a "fixed line" (for example, a landline at home) or 0300 123 9123 (free for mobile-phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02)